2.24.2008

We Are Doomed.

Earlier I said "My face is screwing up!" Which got me thinking; I sound like I'm talking about a car or a computer, but I'm talking about my wretched dry skin. It articulated the idea that technology could be leading us to corruption. We are doomed because soon everything will be wired and those things that once had cords are going to be wireless. And I mean everything, from a tooth brush (already been done, actually) to a how we blow our noses will be hitech and CrAzY. So, perhaps in the future, even our faces will be hiding behind a screen that pictures what we want to look like. Acne will be unheard of and all uniqueness or what some people call "ugliness" will be annhilated. Plastic surgery is already a waste (unless you're a burn victim or defected at birth), I hope our world doesn't completley deconstruct because of our technology!

3 komente:

Anonim tha...

read uglies, pretties and specials by scott westerfield please!!

Toni tha...

i was thinking scott westerfeld before i saw taylors comment. but yeah, please do.

A.J. tha...

i loved this.

i have often pondered that idea many times, although i never pondered THAT far into the future, where we wouldn't even have to worry about our imperfections. however, i do believe it is a very valid statement.

i believe that as humans grow, and our minds expand, our knowledge grows, our curiosity will get the best of us, and it will ultimately be our undoing.

but it would almost be unethical to place limitations on our knowledge. it will be interesting to see, just in the years i have left to see what the world will become.

part of my mind would like to entertain the notion that some universal disaster will take place (the sun dying, a black hole, the world boiling over, etc. the list goes on...)

however part of me thinks that our omega will be our doing.


but who knows?

i enjoyed reading this entry. it got me thinking.


look forward to the next, yo.


holla~