6.26.2007

Coin

I remember sitting there, in my black, last spring break. i remember thinking about my great uncle and life and this great analogy that i thought i could use in some sort of award winning poem. i thought it was gold. but, then i thought to myself this is selfish, i'm thinking about my future when my great uncle has no future. so, i said it three consecutive times in my head, and then moved on thinking about how many times my pete chewed and how blunt and funny he was for a preist (to what i thought priests were at the time like, the nuns in "the sound of music"). that dinner i tried to remember what my "golden analogy" was, but i forgot it. and it wouldn't be as bad as if i could get it right on a multiple choice test. as if i could have come across it by now, but i have no idea. i guess i lost more than one thing that day. but i hate myself for not really saying my good bye just putting the coin in my hat.

Nuk ka komente: