6.26.2008

Happiness is a Tim Gunn

I think when it comes to shopping and fashion stuff* people only look at what they don't have, as opposed to making what they already have work. Take me, every time I'm watching vh1 or the Fashion network or TLC's "What Not To Wear," I get ideas of what to buy or what I 'need'. Honestly, it's obnoxious because I cannot afford every pair of knee high boots that are chic and cute and don't have too much of a heel to make me look any more taller than I am. And I definitely cannot afford tailoring pants to make them my height even if I can't find a pair of grey skinny jeans ANY WHERE. But besides the basics, there are the obnoxious buys that you love but you will probably only wear with one outfit or one color because it's either UBER ridiculous or just odd. I love those little things, or those shirts that are "one of a kind", but as a pratical person I must admit it's not always a Brilliant buy. BUT THAT'S WHAT I HATE!! especially when you're broke, like me. But, here's where Tim Gunn fits in; his catch phrase: "Make it Work" clearly comes into play. Revive the old and make it work with the new.

1 koment:

Toni tha...

I have the obnoxious things that never match with anything. I have red plaid pants, black and red polka dot pants, and green plaid pants. And I have, like, no shirts to match. xD
Win.